Troy and Roland ramble on about yesterday’s news including the Fremantle firework ban, systemic racism, staff strikes and fossil fuel divestment. Practice makes perfect as most of last week’s technical blips are ironed out and the volume tends to be more even too! We even wrote a few notes down to plan what were going to say but quickly lost them.
What do you want us to talk about? Do you want to come on the show and tell us we’re wrong? Leave a comment below.
- 0:45 Fremantle Australia Day fireworks cancelled.
- 4:15 Kalgoorlie riots after death of Aboriginal child.
- 6:20 Calls to release the footage of Aboriginal woman’s death in custody.
- 8:00 This is what systematic/systemic/structural racism is.
- 9:45 Barnett’s leadership woes.
- 11:00 Implied structural sexism in Liberal party.
- 11:25 Tavern smoking ban.
- 13:15 Rumour: Flipped classroom comes to Murdoch.
- 16:30 Staff union votes to consider industrial action.
- 20:00 Student elections are on!
- 21:00 The fine detail we neglected to check (positions are the new structure!)
- 22:00 Troy’s experience on the uni senate.
- 24:00 Dovetail into divesting from fossil fuels.
- 26:30 China halts new coal mines.
- 28:00 Sam Dastyari, corrupt, treasonous, or both?
- 29:40 Government loses control of house of representatives.
- 33:00 And now we’re just bitching out young libs/ALP youth.
- 34:00 Troy confirms existence of Young Nationals.
- 35:00 R U OK? Day coming to campus.